The medical records of patients of the Shmuel Harofe Medical Center are kept in concentrated format in the Records Department. The staff of the Department is responsible for all actions involving the patients' medical records. Any request for medical material and information in respect of a patient will be referred solely to the Medical Records Department. Receipt of information from the medical records is dealt with in accordance with existing procedures and statutes - the Patients' Rights Law of 1996.
Any request for medical information will be accepted in the following instances:
• A request of an institution or of the patient's doctor signed by a doctor.
• A request of a patient together with his signature of a letter of waiver of medical confidentiality, or a guardian's signature of such a letter.
• Delivery of information to external parties upon presentation of a letter of waiver of medical confidentiality or a Court Order.
Delivery of information concerning deceased persons upon presentation of:
• An affidavit by the applicant authenticated by an Attorney or a Court Registrar/Judge in which he declares that he is the lawful heir of the deceased/or under a Law/Will and that either there are no other heirs or that all the heirs agree to the information being furnished and that the applicant has no objection to the information being furnished to the other heirs. If a Will exists it must be attached to the affidavit.
• A Succession Order or Will Probate Order in which the applicant is recorded as the heir or one of the heirs.
• A Court Order certifying information in favor of the applicant.
Payment: Payment must be made for the information, of the amount prescribed in the Ministry of Health tariff list, with effect from January 1, 2012, the cost of extracting medical information is NIS 86 for the first 10 pages and a further 0.50 Agorot for every additional page.
For the convenience of applicants, the form of letter of waiver of medical confidentiality can be downloaded from the website.